Groundwork: archival mapmaking for self-transformation™
Whether you are seeking to develop or transform your career, your creative practice, or your overall lifestyle, through my nine-step archival mapmaking process you can move closer towards the life that you were called to live.
archival mapmaking, huh…what does that mean??? The short of it is that you’ve already been doing this even though you didn’t recognize that’s how it could be framed! I can relate, because I did not initially utilize this language either. It found me along my journey to reaffirm who I have always been since childhood. It’s guided me as I’ve defied all of the statistics that were predetermined for me as the daughter of a Black teenage mother living in trying environments. I’ve practiced archival mapmaking for every aspect of my life such as overcoming the grief of losing loved ones, establishing boundaries with family, and navigating bureaucracy at work. This process is how I remember who tf i am while creating/living my charmed life on my own terms. And I have always felt called to help others to do the same! This is my legacy – I inspire folks to remember; leading by example while riding alongside you.
Our dreams don’t come from nowhere; they grow from our past experiences, feelings, desires, and from the problems we have already solved. The remembering helps you sift through the trauma, self-doubt, and overthinking. You remember to return to your self, to recall who you truly are, and to redefine your way forward. Not reforming the symptoms, fully releasing who/what no longer serves you in order to transmute the root of the problems. Remembering helps you to recalibrate when necessary, and to access renewed routes. Your life is iterative; you’ve already been in motion, just keep going!
Moving through this process will take you from Point A to Point B.
- Discouraging yourself from achieving future goals because you’re overwhelmed by the road ahead.
- Starting over again and again instead of repurposing your personal archive.
- Encouraging yourself to make moves by remembering every mile you’ve already traveled.
- A preserved record of your life that you can access for ongoing inspiration to fuel you forward.
The nine-step archival mapmaking process that informs this developing course:
- This process it NOT just more ideas to acquire in an already overstimulated world with an overload of information that removes us further away from ourselves. This archival mapmaking process is a practice that must be applied and embodied, explored and experienced; rest and relax into what you already know and done did. Check yo receipts, cuz you’ve been ON!
- From September 2022 through September 2023, I built the curriculum for this course in real time within an intimate community of fellow Black women who have served as invaluable founding members during the betaExploration_v1!
- To learn more about what inspired the course, you can watch this recording (sign-up for a free ticket to access it)!
Here’s what I’m specifically offering YOU…
Groundwork: archival mapmaking for self-transformation™ is still becoming an on-demand and self-guided course. I am currently seeking more participants for betaExploration_v2 that will take place virtually during the month of November 2023. During this time, I aim to further distill down the content of the existing curriculum into the essential elements of the course so that we can all remain enroute along our journeys with ease. You will be provided: access to all of the recordings and resources, as well as 1 virtual one-on-one session (60 minutes) with me. Folks who want to participate in the next phase of this development would pay $250 to join.
Please feel free to email me any questions, clarifications, or requests for additional information!
The primary benefit of participating in betaExploration_v2:
- As this course is still being developed, you will have access to real-time virtual guidance through the curriculum from its creator aka me, Joyce LeeAnn Joseph! I have over a decade of experience working as a professional archivist/artist. This opportunity will NOT be available once the on-demand course is fully released, and the price will then start at $333 for 90 days of self-guided access (no real-time virtual sessions with me would be included in this price) to all of the recordings and resources that will be provided.